Pages

15 June 2010

MMMM, Ice Cream

I know, I know. It's been almost a week since my last post. I've got a really good excuse though. Ok, I don't really. It was just a crazy week, and this one is gearing up to be another crazy one too. I wasn't able to participate in the Daring Cooks or You Want Pies with That for June because it's just been so busy around here. All the birthdays and whatnot going on...


Anyway. Today I want to share this fun little recipe for ice cream that I found over at Delicious Delicious Delicious (and yes, all three of those deliciouses were necessary after you've had his ice cream). This one is super simple and is perfect for those with limited space since you don't use an ice cream maker to make it. There's also no cooking of a custard base so you won't be heating up your small kitchen in your tiny apartment in the middle of a nasty, humid heatwave. Oh sorry, got caught up there for a second.


As I was saying, this Mascarpone Ice Cream in simple. It only calls for 4 ingredients, but you can change the taste of it just by changing the liquor or extract you use. The original calls for Bailey's, which was really good, but I've made a tiramisu flavor with half coffee liquor and half chocolate liquor (there is even a ladyfinger cookie at the bottom and some dark chocolate chips mixed into mine). You could use vanilla or almond extract, even a mint extract would be lovely. Perhaps a spiced rum with a little vanilla as well. The possibilities are truly only limited by what you have on hand.


Tiramisu Mascarpone Ice Cream
Recipe by Delicious Delicious Delicious, adapted by me

250g mascarpone (I just use the small carton made by BelGioso, but I cheated this time and used their tiramisu flavor)
2 egg yolks
80g icing sugar (that's about 1/3 cup)
3 tbsp Bailey's (or amaretto, or use 1 tsp vanilla) (I used half chocolate and half coffee liquer)
Ladyfingers
Dark chocolate chips
  1. Mix everything together in a bowl using a wooden spoon. This takes about two minutes.
  2. Spoon into serving dishes, cupcake liners or lolly moulds, and freeze.
  3. Let ripen in the fridge for half an hour before serving.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sumptuous recipe for those of us who are dieting alcoholics!!!!

Anne

Tira-Mim-Su Ice Cream said...

Holy crap. Add it to the list Sista!

Mr. P said...

I didn't even think about mint flavour - with some chocolate chips it would be superb!

Glad you like the recipe - always a joy to know my work is appreciated!

Hungry For Living said...

Mmmm mmmmm Mmmmm I will have to try. When you don't have time to make your own, you must try the new sigle servings from skinny cow, the Dulce de leche is AWSOME!
P.S. I love that you are a fellow Revolutionary!! =)

Skinny Mim said...

Oh man! Hungry for Living is SO RIGHT!!! Who knew low fat desserts could taste SO GOOD!