Pages

18 August 2009

Pineapple Chicken

Apologies are in order. I have been ill again and unable to bring myself to cook dinner in the past week. It has also been so sickeningly hot around here that the thought of turning on the oven (or even the stove) has made me want to jump into winter with reckless abandon.


For my penance, I bring you Pineapple Chicken, another recipe from my trusty fallback: All Recipes. A bit different, I found it to be quite tasty. There was definitely something missing that I couldn't put my finger on, but I plan to make this again and hopefully figure it out along the way.


More good news, I received my jam today. I plan on devoting an entire post to it later this week, but just know that it was super delicious and I can't wait to put it on some scones (I actually have a few ideas in mind for the jam, but right now I just want to eat it off a spoon).


Pineapple Chicken
Recipe from All Recipes

5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
2 cups water
1 (15 ounce) can pineapple, drained
1 large orange, sliced in rounds
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  1. Spray large frying pan or electric skillet with vegetable spray. Brown chicken breasts in pan, meat side down.
  2. Turn chicken over; add pineapple chunks, onion soup, and water.
  3. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cooked pineapple chunks and fresh orange slices.

5 comments:

Pretty Zesty said...

I love all of that yellow! so pretty...

Anonymous said...

So when is dinner? = )

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Yummmmmmm! I'm up for anything that has pineapple in it!

phil said...

sounds delicious. i think ill add it to my list of "things i need to cook when i have the energy to make more than a ham & swiss" list

stephchows said...

I hate when I can't figure out what's missing in something! Can't wait to hear about your jam!!